Tuesday, September 30, 2014

China Business Trip

In August I spoke at a technical seminar in Xi'an, China, and then spent the weekend there.  I then flew to Shanghai to attend and speak at a tradeshow.
 Dragon Fruit was everywhere.  You peel off the segments and inside is a white fleshy part with small black seeds.
Here's the inside of the Dragon Fruit.  Similar texture to a Kiwi.  A lot to eat in one fruit.

 Was able to visit the Terracotta.  This is just one of the three main buildings housing the soldier and horse figures being uncovered.  Amazing.
 What an incredible historical find.
 I spent the weekend alone, so I got to walk around.  I took this shot of a statue, in front of a sculptured garden piece, in front of a fountain, with the pagoda tower in the background.
 I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Shanghai.  The hotel starts on the 54th floor of the tower on the left.  The one on the right is the 3rd tallest building.  The one with the blueish light has an open "keyhole" at the top.
 My hotel was not far from this space needle, which had different colored lights rotating to music.
Same space needle from my hotel room.

No comments: