Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spencer's New York City Trip

I was in Manhattan (flew out Sunday and back Friday) for the annual Interphex meeting ( a biopharm convention) last week. Tuesday, the 17th, was St. Patrick's day, and I was able to catch part of the parade after the tradeshow.

The parade went up 5th Avenue for 40 blocks or so. From what I could tell, various "clans" marched.

I caught a couple of bagpipe groups. Here's one.

After we left the parade we swung by the Rockefeller Center to see the ice rink next to the NBC building. We were en route back to our hotel on Times Square.

They've added the red steps over the ticket booths at the north end of Times Square since the last time I was there (I think). Here I'm standing next to Father Duffy's statue. The electronic billboards in the background are on the Renaissance Inn (a Marriott property) where I've stayed a time or two in the past.

This is a shot from my room on the 20th floor of the Marriott Marquis hotel adjacent to Times Square. Again, that's the Renaissance Inn all lit up.

This is from a slightly different angle, showing some of the other lights around the square.

1 comment:

deerhollow said...

Gotta love NYC! (to visit, that is :D) How fun to be there for that parade. Your photos are great!!