Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dime Store Cowboys! (Not real cowboys) . Who shot the sheriff? Gayle says it looks like I did. Actually, I got this hat 20 years ago for a Crocodile Dundee imitation outfit. This is in our front yard prior to our night at the Hyrum Rodeo.

Yes, last Friday night we hit the Hyrum, Utah rodeo. Ya-hoo! We even dressed up for it. I told Gayle that everybody dressed like this to go to rodeos. She didn't believe me. When we got there, she was right. There were only about six people in the stands wearing hats (and theirs looked like they belonged on the people). Every time we turned to talk to each other we hit brims. Gayle said she felt like we went to a costume party. The stands had wide spaces under the seats. About three kids fell through right near us in the space of about half an hour. None was hurt seriously! Gayle covered her eyes through several events. She doesn't like danger - and riding broncs and bulls is not riskless. Also, slinging down calves to tie their legs, or lassoing them around the neck when they're running, or wrestling them to the ground, broaches on animal abuse. But we had fun - especially since we were given free tickets.

1 comment:

Ali Andrus said...

I really like all the new pics you've added. I can tell you've been busy! I can't watch the videos on my work computer so I'll have to wait till we get a computer at home to see them all. Love you!